Never trust the Army

Kip Powick

Guest ACSideStick

Funny, you never see the U.S. put a JSF or F22 Raptor up on a post. Says much when our frontline fighters go straight to a cement post, with no replacement in sight.

Guest rattler

Funny, you never see the U.S. put a JSF or F22 Raptor up on a post.  Says much when our frontline fighters go straight to a cement post, with no replacement in sight.

In actual fact. X-35 Joint Strike Fighter biggrin.gif

JSF Display

Of course you are right, just funning you......

Funny, you never see the U.S. put a JSF or F22 Raptor up on a post. Says much when our frontline fighters go straight to a cement post, with no replacement in sight.

Those front line fighters we have are over 20 years old. This is also a non-flyable aircraft.

JSF is not operational yet and the F22 just came operational this month I believe. wink.gif

Guest ACSideStick

Hi Handyman,

I do realize the age/cycles/g damage etc. It's a shame, that this model is on a post before anything can replace it.

The reality is that ALL of our f18's should be on posts, next to Sea Kings.

When the government announced they were going to upgrade these to STATE OF THE ART a few years back, the lies continued to the public as they were upgraded (help me out here guys) form an A to a D model. Big hairy deal as the current model was a G (super hornet?) or H. The pathetic part is that we sent our pilots to war in these in 1991 in the Gulf. Canada's aircraft could not properly scramble comms, because of the cheapness and age of the equipment. Please note that all other airforces (non world powers such as Pakistan) had the correct radios. It being a coilition force, there was much political inclusiveness even at the detriment of safety.

Guess what happened, everyone else in the fight was forced to used non-scrambled freqs resulting in a dramatic drop in the safety of both ground and air personell.

The Polititions at home in their bed were able to tell everyone that Canada was doing it's part, when in fact, they were a wrench in the gears of the entire effort.

I don't slander the participants by saying this. I am a firm believer in either giving them the money (equip and wages) to fight, or don't expect them to.

Hi Handyman,

I do realize the age/cycles/g damage etc. It's a shame, that this model is on a post before anything can replace it.

The reality is that ALL of our f18's should be on posts, next to Sea Kings.

When the government announced they were going to upgrade these to STATE OF THE ART a few years back, the lies continued to the public as they were upgraded (help me out here guys) form an A to a D model. Big hairy deal as the current model was a G (super hornet?) or H. The pathetic part is that we sent our pilots to war in these in 1991 in the Gulf. Canada's aircraft could not properly scramble comms, because of the cheapness and age of the equipment. Please note that all other airforces (non world powers such as Pakistan) had the correct radios. It being a coilition force, there was much political inclusiveness even at the detriment of safety.

Guess what happened, everyone else in the fight was forced to used non-scrambled freqs resulting in a dramatic drop in the safety of both ground and air personell.

The Polititions at home in their bed were able to tell everyone that Canada was doing it's part, when in fact, they were a wrench in the gears of the entire effort.

I don't slander the participants by saying this. I am a firm believer in either giving them the money (equip and wages) to fight, or don't expect them to.

If I remember correctly, they begged borowed and stole enough radios for the aircraft that were in theatre. They also got some smart weapons installed. wink.gif

Archived