Please- please -please FLY !

Why is it going to take about 3 extra days to polish the hull of our boat icon_question.gif

Because we have to stop work about every 15 minutes to let a couple of Robins glide under the boat and feed their three offspring who are occupying a nest on the edge of one of the hull blocks.

I guess all Mothers are the same…I say press on and let’s do it but Scuba 02 pulls me away from the boat every time she sees Ma or Pa with a worm in its mouth sitting on a post watching us. Then we retreat and wait while the birds make sure we are not threatening and then they feed the young.

Does anyone know how long it takes until these little tykes get their own “wings” and leave the nest?? sad.gif We did have a launch/departure day in mind but it looks like “cruise on hold until 3 trainees graduate to wings standard.” cool.gif

Guest rattler

Hope this helps but on a brighter note, look at all the money you will save on fuel. tongue.gif

The female incubates three to four glossy, light blue eggs for 12 to 14 days. The young leave the nest 14 to 16 days after hatching and continue to be cared for by the parents for up to four weeks.

Robins have two and sometimes three clutches of eggs each year. First-clutch nests may be used again or new ones built in now leafed-out deciduous trees or shrubs, often in the crotch of branches. Robins will also build mud and grass nests in locations safe from predators -- under bridges, on windowsills, ledges or nesting platforms you provide.

The female incubates three to four glossy, light blue eggs for 12 to 14 days. The young leave the nest 14 to 16 days after hatching and continue to be cared for by the parents for up to four weeks.

Thanks for the info..I think the eggs hatched about 8 days ago so perhaps by this coming Friday we'll be able to launch...at least that is the "new" proposed date...might have to move the nest but I hope not.

Have a great 2-4 weekend. smile.gif

Archived