My last post for awhile

Kip Powick

It would seem that what goes around, comes around !!! I was in this city many years ago and the name rings a bell. I seem to remember giving this fellow a few dollars so he could start his business. Sadly, he has departed....taken that last flight "west" and it looks like I am going to "inherit" quite a sum of money for doing these folks a favour.

I'll probably be tied up for quite some time making all the arrangements so wil have to refrain from posting here..Have a great Easter.......oh yeah here is the text of the "personal" email I received when I returned from the south..

FROM WILLIAMS FAMILY TO OUR BEST FRIEND DK KIPP POWIK IN KANADA

DAKAR SENEGAL

DEAREST ONE.

MY NAME IS OTA WILLIAMS SON OF LATE DR AND MRS ALFRED WILLIAMS,MY

FAHTER WAS A VERY WEALTHY COCOA MERCHANT BASED IN DAKAR. THE ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF SENEGAL BEFORE HE WAS POISONED TO DEATH BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES ON ONE OF THEIR OUTING TO DISCUSS ON A BUSINESS DEAL.

WHEN MY MOTHER DIED, MY FATHER TOOK ME SO SPECIAL BECAUSE I AM

MOTHERLESS.BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER IN A PRIVATE HOSPITAL HERE IN DAKAR. HE SECRETLY CALLED ME ON HIS BEDSIDE AND TOLD ME THAT HE DEPOSITED THE SUM OF US$1.800.000 (ONE MILLION EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND, UNITED STATES DOLLARS)IN ABIDJAN. HE ALSO EXPLAINED TO ME THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THIS WEALTH THAT HE WAS POISONED BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, THAT I SHOULD SEEK FOR A FOREIGN PARTNER IN A COUNTRY OF MY CHOICE WHERE I WILL TRANSFER THIS MONEY AND USE IT FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSE.

I AM HONOURABLY SEEKING YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:

1)TO HELP US STAND AS PARTNER/BENEFICARY SO THAT THIS MONEY WOULD BE

TRANSFERRED SAFELY TO YOU IN YOUR DESTINATION

2)TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN OF THIS FUND SINCE I AM 19 YEARS AND MY

SISTER SHARA 17 YEARS

3)TO MAKE ARRANGEMENT FOR ME TO COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY AFTER THE MONEY HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED, TO FURTHER OUR EDUCATION.

MOREOVER, WE ARE WILLING TO OFFER YOU 15% OF THE TOTAL FUND AS

COMPENSATION FOR YOUR EFFORT INPUT AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THIS FUND TO YOUR NOMINATED ACCOUNT.

FURTHERMORE, YOU CAN INDICATE YOUR OPTION TOWARDS ASSISTING ME AS I

BELIEVE THAT THIS TRANSACTION WOULD BE CONCLUDED WITHIN SEVEN (7) DAYS YOU SIGNIFY INTEREST TO ASSIST ME.

ANTICIPATING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON. DO HURRY TO ASSIST US NOW THAT THIS COUNTRY IS IN POLITICAL CHOAS ,WE URGENTLY NEEDS YOUR KIND ATTENTION.

KINDLY CALL US ON THIS TELEPHONE LINE: ++2216510672

THANKS AND GOD BLESS

OTA AND SHARA WILLIAMS

Not sure if everyone knows this or not but you need to report these guys. Here is a link to where you can forward the email to:

Pivot,

I get 3-4 of those week. Do people actually bother to report them anymore?

I am wrought with woe !!! I thought these people really liked me...color me gullible. I actually thought someone was finally watching over me...good grief, can't take anything at face value any more, everyone is just out for themselves, kindness and compassion has taken a back seat to greed and corruption.

Lesson learned..

PS..drop a note if you want to buy a few collectors editions bottles of rare prop wash, a spare key to the North Bay Tacan Gate and for any of you boaters out there, I have only four sets of keys for oarlocks...will work with any self propelled boat. I accept Paypal, and like any good EBay'er will leave positive "Feedback" should you send the funds immediately.

Y'all have a "Hoppy" Easter...my whole damned tribe, plus relatives, will be here for the weekend...there goes my fun time with SWMBO. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Archived