Tuesday's tune changed on Wednesday

From the Globe and Mail

Mr. Hargrove said that although the union did not stick at $18.3-million, it did not go all the way to $45-million either.

However, Mr. Milton maintained that the target had indeed been reached, although only $40-million of it in wage cuts. The balance, he said, would come through other types of savings.

I would have given anything to be a fly on the wall. One day Buzz says "18 Million tops", (in wage concessions), and the next he coughs up an additional 22 Million. What happened/was said, to change his mind...........ahhhh one can only speculate rolleyes.gif

Probably got himself a permanent, complimentary upgrade and a free burger biggrin.gif

But to answer my own question of "why?".....It would appear by all newspaper articles the GECAS threat played a big role......hmmmmmmm who prompted GECAS to make a statement while they were negotiating...hmmmm? (waiting for the book)

Apparently Judge Winkler wasn't all warm and fuzzy either. He made it clear that they had to get this done or else, from what I hear. Something along the lines of "Sit down. Shut up. Get to work or else. And stop f&^%ing around!"

Guest thesheet2

I also had a kick with BUZZ stating that Mr. Milton should stay around.

Robert probably told him to say that. It might help with his job security? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I also had a kick with BUZZ stating that Mr. Milton should stay around.

I have noticed over the years that this is always the way Buzz (and the CAW) conduct negotiations. During the negotiations Buzz or the other Union spokespeople take every opportunity to fulminate against the fiendish capalist ogres on the other side of the table, but after a deal is reached, he goes out of his way to publicly praise the management. It is a way to signal to the world that the negotiations are now over and everyone should get back to work with as positive an attitude as possible.

Whether you like Unions or hate them, you have to admit that the CAW have a well developed doctrine and are quite disciplined when following it.

Archived