Aircraft Mechanic's Creed

This was read to a class of my brethren and myself, upon our graduation from Centennial College... I've tried to find it since then, (including one rather sad occasion where I felt the need to attempt to recite it by memory to one of my bosses)... but I only just stumbled across it now...

I think it's worth posting:

Aircraft Mechanic's Creed:

UPON MY HONOR I swear that I shall hold in sacred trust the rights and privileges conferred upon me as a certified mechanic. Knowing full well that the safety and lives of others are dependent upon my skill and judgement, I shall never knowingly subject others to risks which I would not be willing to assume for myself, or for those dear to me.

IN DISCHARGING this trust, I pledge myself never to undertake work or approve work which I feel to be beyond the limits of my knowledge; nor shall I allow any non-certified superior to persuade me to approve aircraft or equipment as airworthy against my better judgement; nor shall I permit my judgement to be influenced by money or other personal gain; nor shall I pass as airworthy aircraft or equipment about which I am in doubt, either as a result of direct inspection or uncertainty regarding the ability of others who have worked on it to accomplish their work satisfactorily.

I REALIZE the grave responsibility which is mine as a certified airman, to exercise my judgement on the airworthiness of aircraft and equipment. I, therefore, pledge unyielding adherence to these precepts for the advancement of aviation and for the dignity of my vocation.

Cheers,

Mitch

Archived