For those who LOVE flying....

There are a lot of folks who can put it all much more eloquently than I... But there's something about flying that really grabs some of us... The undefinable lure, the un-nameable hook that so infatuates some of us... The magic of flight.... The unbelievable lust some of us feel for all things aviation related.... It's almost a sickness...

But!.... not without reason! Listen to this one... I purloined this story from another forum I visit sometimes:

Posted by: flyinthebug

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:11 pm Post ------------------------------------------

Ok, i`ll give this a whirl.... Coming from Port Hardy back to Campbell River one fine summer day in the DHC2 a few years back. Looked down at the strait and saw quite a commotion in the water. Dropped down to take a closer look, and it was a school of Porpoise. Needless to say, I landed and they all (maybe 30 of them) came over to investigate me as well. I sat on the floats and watched in awe of them and how they were all playing around etc and checking ME out. They actually came right up to me and 2 of them allowed me to reach down and touch them. What a feeling, and I thought to myself, I get paid to do this!! wow. After about 1o mins, decided it was time to get back, so powered up and they started to follow me. They were jumping infront of the prop, under floats and out the other side, and I realized this was "play time" for them. I came down off the step, and they slowed as well. It was completely amazing watching these animals swim beside me, and duck under the floats and prop, as if they knew exactly what was going on (Maybe they did). It was an amazing flight, and even better time that day with them.

----------------------------------------------

Now who could possibly say they'd ever found a better reason to exist???! Hmmmm??

Hot damn! That's what life should include for ALL of us!

Guest neo

That's a lovely story, Mitch, thanks for cross-posting it. I spent a bit of time droning up and down Johnstone Strait (the locale in that story) and can well imagine it taking place.

neo

Archived