If....?

I understand.

Like you, I'm not pleased with the final outcome of the seniority arrangements in our group. There was an attempt to deal wholesale fairness that wound up screwing some individuals. Sounds like that's what happened to you as well. I don't blame you at all for your objections if someone not hired until 2 years after you started wound up senior to you somehow.

However... Unlike you (I think), I'm not prepared to continually pour vinegar on relations between the camps of former competitors and current compadres. That solves nothing.

Guest Nordo

Mitch

Still, suggestions for improvements and such can be made without referring to "Airline X". ...and in reality, any mention of "Airline X" is likely to have the effect of turning off the listener's ability to hear.

Well, Amen to that. In a perfect world, what was right would be more important than who was right. Human nature and corporate politics seem to get in the way though.

The DC-10 tends to invoke fond memories from whoever had anything to do with it. I sincerely hope that wearing a pin to commemorate a classic old bird wouldn't be a contentious issue.

Cheers,

Nordo

Guest Nordo

Mitch

Still, suggestions for improvements and such can be made without referring to "Airline X". ...and in reality, any mention of "Airline X" is likely to have the effect of turning off the listener's ability to hear.

Well, Amen to that. In a perfect world, what was right would be more important than who was right. Human nature and corporate politics seem to get in the way though.

The DC-10 tends to invoke fond memories from whoever had anything to do with it. I sincerely hope that wearing a pin to commemorate a classic old bird wouldn't be a contentious issue.

Cheers,

Nordo

Guest Nordo

Mitch,

" Still, suggestions for improvements and such can be made without referring to "Airline X". ...and in reality, any mention of "Airline X" is likely to have the effect of turning off the listener's ability to hear. "

Amen to that. It is too bad that in the search for a better way corporate politics and human nature get in the way.

The art is in delivering the message in such a way that it can be heard. Please keep trying and you will get through.

As far as the DC-10 pin goes, the DC-10 seems to evoke fond memories from whoever fixed or flew her. The pin commemorates a classic old airplane and that should appeal to anyone who has spent some time in this industry.

I would like to hope that it wouldn't provoke any negative feelings but as this forum shows, there are all kinds of folks out there walking around unsupervised.

Take care,

Nordo

Archived