Quick !! Someone...anyone...(AC).

Kip Powick

Guest Stone

Yes, we pay $55 for the medicals payable to the Receiver General. We then get reimbursed the $55 by Air Canada...net result, no charge to the pilot.

The reason for asking is that I rec’d my Income Tax refund…(not that much, but hey…every dollar helps), but there was a note attached stating that they had removed $55.00 from my refund for a Transport Canada Program and gave me a number to call. Was I donating to one of my TC pal’s pension…what was this about??

I called and the “collection” lady said I was being billed for a TC Medical I had in May of 2002, almost 2 years ago. Apparently they sent the bill/invoice to AC in YYZ but AC Flight Ops didn’t know who I was, or where I was. (Became a “dot” on 01 June 2002). I guess I must have really left an indelible impression on the Flt Ops staff……

Anyhow, she asked if I had my Transport Canada License/Medical/Radio License and I went into hysterical laughter and explained that shortly after I torched my suitcase in the backyard, that was one of the first things that went through the shredder on 01 June 2002. The short of it is that I am “debt free” and TC is happy…guess I’m lucky they never charged interest. And now….. going to look at my pay records and see how this happened.

Thanks for the info

Archived