Computer Softare ??help requested

Kip Powick

Anyone recommend a good Slide Show program that is compatible with attaching an audio file and burning to a CD??

I have ROXIO Easy CD Creator Vs 5.35 with all updates but it really sucks. Keeps hanging up and based on the Roxio forums , I'm not the only one that thinks their software is crap.

I know there are a lot of programs out there, many "free" off the Net, but I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has "great" program.

Thanks.

Guest commonsense

Windows Movie Maker 2.0 from Microsoft (free for Download) - Absolutely amazing program - I just put together a 40 minute show combining slides, video and sound with special effects such as credits, title overlays.....

Once You are done you can save your work in a multitude of different formats and sizes and you can then use Roxio to burn it to disc.

Unfortunately you would need Windows Xp and at least a 600MHz Processor

Guest commonsense

to add to my last post - You don't even need Roxio to burn your project to disc - Windows XP will do it for you. If you are not running XP presently, I highly recommend upgrading to XP. I used to run Windows 98 with endless freezes and hang ups - no problems since switching to XP more than a year ago.

A photo web site forum that I spend time on has a number of posts speaking highly of a program from Photodex called Pro Show.

I think ACDsee has a slide show creator. They have trial downloads for the programs,although I believe they may limit the size of show you can put together with the trial version but the functionality should be there.

There is a free program called Irfanview which is a photoviewer program that will do slideshows. It may not be as fully featured as the others but it is very good considering it is essentialy done by one individual and provided free. Hope you find something.

PS I have not used Win2K but having gone from WinME to XP I would say that there is a world of difference.

Thnaks for all the info.

I did look at the Photodex Pro Show stuff on the net and might try a "free" download for a bit. Went to a computer software store today....sure a lot out there but like to hear from folks that actually have a package and use it.

Have a nice day.

Guest M. McRae

It has been a while since I used it but I did a presentation a few years back, slides, music and voice for a wedding. Corel Presentations was both easy to use and also produced a fine presentation. The version I used was "8" with windows 98 on a PIII. I burned the presentation onto a CD without any problem (just used file copy), as I did not have access to a projector (computer) I ended up exporting it to VHS through my video card and running it from a VHS projector to screen. Quality of both when shown was excellent. Malcolm

Archived