Is this true ?????

Kip Powick

Guest Airmail

If this is true, IAMers who are seeking to support their democratic rights had better rally in support of Jean Jallet.

Contact Thomas Buffenbarger, International President of the IAMAW at: tbuffenbarger@iamaw.org

Good luck to us all!

Guest M. McRae

TO ALL AIR CANADA MEMBERS

IAMAW

As you are already probably aware, a dispute has developed between the Union leadership of the I.A.M.A.W. On one side, some of your Leaders want to decide for you, while others want to present to you your options and let you decide. I realize that I’m relatively new as a Union Leader goes, but one of the basic fundamental principles that makes this Union great is our democratic process.

We sometimes think that our being too democratic is a hindrance to getting things done, and I agree that it does slow things down some. However, I also think that this process gives us the best opportunity to allow the membership to dictate what should be done.

The question that we (District 140) are wanting the members to decide is not which pension plan is better, but rather are you willing to make another concession that will affect future employees of Air Canada. As in all negotiations, it is the members that should decide.

I urge all members to take the time to contact your representatives and let them know if you want to take the responsibility of deciding your future . We know what Mr. Li wants, we know what Mr. Milton wants, but the most important group is you and we need to know what you want. That is why I support the vote on April 12th. It is time for the membership to have their say.

In Solidarity,

Denis Boucher

General Chairperson - Eastern Region

/mb opeiu 15

BULLETIN NO. 29 - ISSUED APRIL 1, 2004

PLEASE COPY, POST AND CIRCULATE

Guest wingjockey

The latest on the DL140 site is that Jallet has requested that the International Union President Buffenbarger? intervene and resolve the issue as to who represents the members of the IAMAW at Air Canada and who can enter into a contract with the company.

Archived