Old letters... unanswered ;)

Mitch Cronin

About 4 years ago (in April of 2000) I sent my new boss an e-mail but never got a response... Things have changed since then and I'm no longer about to complain that he doesn't answer mail from me... ;)

Anyway, just for fun, I thought I'd post this here to get your thoughts... I know I posted another unanswered one here a while ago, and got some feed back, but this one's different... and maybe the answer never came because it was the wrong time to ask the question... with such hard feelings at the time, and all... Is now any different? ... I still think it'd be a good idea.

-----------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Milton,

I am an aircraft mechanic at Canadian Airlines and have been for 15 years. I have always had a love for aircraft and I'm (usually) quite happy to be working on them. I also have a soft spot for Canada and Canadian aviation history. I was thrilled to see the example of classic livery displayed on an Air Canada A319 with the TCA design! I doubt that was your decision but I suspect you also appreciated it (I heard you talk at Hangar 'C' in Toronto a week ago and I gathered from your comments that you also have a love of aircraft.... in fact, I think you said exactly that...). I'm not at all disappointed to see Air Canada and Canadian join forces and I will be damn proud to wear a maple leaf on my uniform when that day comes.

My question/appeal to you is: Will you consider keeping at least one aircraft in our combined fleet adorned with 'The Goose' ?

Of all the commercial aircraft I have ever seen, I believe this paint scheme to be one of the most beautiful as well as one of the most unique. I have heard many people comment on the attractiveness of this livery and the regret of it's probable demise... As a symbol of Canada, the maple leaf is, of course, top dog; but the Canada Goose is also a well recognized symbol of Canada and Canadian pride for many.

When this latest paint scheme was brought out at Canadian Airlines it was met with a lot of mixed emotions among our employees. A lot of us felt that the expenditure was extravagant and the need for a new corporate image was not as great as the need for a new corporate core - a group who could be trusted to make profitable decisions. But the choice of the paint scheme itself, was brilliant. The history of the goose in Canadian aviation is long and those who brought it back in it's current form did well.

It makes for a very pretty airplane and I think all Canadians would be happy to see it continue flying with the Air Canada name on it's side.

Please consider keeping one of our birds in these colours?

Sincerely,

Mitch Cronin, AE1

Canadian Airlines,

Hangar 'C', Toronto

Archived