For Blocked Pitot:

Mitch Cronin

I'm sorry I didn't get in here to answer you below sooner... I've been avoid...- er.. ahhh... staying away for a bit... I see you did get some response.

For my part, I'd think it'd be far less valuable than a course at any one of our fine aviation schools, if you actually wanted to be an AME, but for what I think are your purposes, a correspondence course should be absolutely fine. I can't see how you could go wrong getting some more knowledge in any way you can.

There's a lot to working on aircraft that you cannot get out of any books, as I'm sure you can imagine, and the value of an instructor with experience, plus some hands-on, eyes-on, elbows-deep fumbling is huge. However, there are a lot of do's and don't's (two apostrophes or one?), must's and must not's, along with the how-does-the-flippin'-thing-work type stuff that you can probably get a decent, basic understanding of, through such a course.

And I applaud your interest. Good on ya mate.

Now... if you'll excuse me, I've got some itching to go and answer Kip's "open question" below. ;)

Cheers,

Mitch

Guest blocked pitot

Thanks for the response Mitch. You are right it is more for self interest than a career, but you never know. After I finish the course maybe the guys in the hangar will let me "volunteer" to do some of the nastier jobs and get my hands dirty. :o)

Archived