Neo... more digression

Mitch Cronin

Sometimes the "goal" is nothing more than to express thought. It could be said that the underlying motive that fuels the desire to express thought is to find agreement, in order to feel some sense of kinship, or perhaps to have one's thoughts/feelings validated by that agreement.

And then, sometimes the goal is nothing more than to find sense where it's otherwise elusive, by discussion of thought and ideas.

So if those are the goals, anything that can be comprehended that doesn't obscure the message can work just fine. Don't you think?

Cheers,

Mitch

"Sometimes the "goal" is nothing more than to express thought."

In rare instances, yes.

"It could be said that the underlying motive that fuels the desire to express thought is to find agreement, in order to feel some sense of kinship, or perhaps to have one's thoughts/feelings validated by that agreement."

Yes, and in which case the person expressing the thought must accept the possibility that their thoughts will not be validated, and that not everyone that hears their comments will feel kinship to them or the author.

That's part and parcel of the courage of speaking out.

"And then, sometimes the goal is nothing more than to find sense where it's otherwise elusive, by discussion of thought and ideas."

Good comment. We're all trying to find or make sense out of the world we live in. There are times when, despite my most fervent efforts, I'm unable to do so.

"So if those are the goals, anything that can be comprehended that doesn't obscure the message can work just fine. Don't you think?"

Goals are as individual as are authors, but having said that, sure. Success is as graduated as anything else in art or skill. Does it just work, or is it a wild, unqualified success?

If communicating by word is strictly meant to enhance one's own understanding of, or ability to deal with this crazy world, why express it to the world at large? I propose that we're all seeking to connect, express, and contribute... in this forum, anyway.

We're all feedback junkies.

My most sincere best wishes,

neo

"I propose that we're all seeking to connect, express, and contribute... in this forum, anyway.

We're all feedback junkies."

I'd say that's a bingo. I reckon it's a common and quite natural human trait. When people share an interest it's great that these forum's [forum? forii?] exist. Hangar flying is always great... and yak in general keeps people feeling like a part of the planet.

Cheers mate ;)

Archived