YQB airshow

Guest blocked pitot

Guest MikePapaKIlo

Not with EPA.... Many good friends from that era - DeLong, Stultz, Charron and others

I was with Transport.

Left QX in early 75.

Still flying ? Yes.

MPK

Guest flyersclub

hi guys i have had this handle on this forum since '97 and waited until this week until someone identified that club of much renown. i first visited it in late '74 on an oil rig rescue mission from yhz to yqb with drill bits and other stuff. had to overnight in yqx at the horrible airport inn or something, just down from the albatross, beds like army cots. but i even lived in yqx for 4 years when with epa and the things i saw at the flyersclub will remain in my memory forever. one of my favourites was the poor stripper who got run out of town (they always flew epa) because of her lewd act with an inflatable santa ... people in yqx could handle nude mud wrestling and more, but for gawd sake you cannot do naughty things to santa!! one other favourite memory is when the good church going yqx-ites put the boots to the organizers of the miss nude nfld contest ... there would be 'none of that' in this clean little town ... clearly these folks had never visited the flyersclub ... now is it still there?? i haven't been back since the epa reunion in '95 ... cheers!

Guest MikePapaKilo

Oh no !!! The dreams, the bad dreams !! They're b-a-a-a-a-c-c-ck !!

I would bet a bucket of beer that it was the Flyers Club that invented lap dancing. About the only place that I ever saw more "creative modern dance" was in Thule ! But the Flyer's club was a true den of iniquity. Not a place for the faint of heart ! And world renowned. Some guys were known to declare the airplane U/S just to spend the evening to see if all the stories of crazed debauchery were true. They were.

One very notable Newfoundland politician spent an evening there, and later that night, when the venerable Hotel gander caught fire, he was seen wrapped in a blanket standing alonside the strippeur du nuit, who appeared to be wearing the matching sheet.

Many a young RAF C-130 crewman suffered / enjoyed some form of fleshy initiation at the Flyer's Club. Sometimes thru the most novel use of duct tape, whipped cream, and .....

Dang !! Can't remember the name of the dancer that travelled with a goose !

Haven't been back there for ages. Older and wiser, I suppose.........

MPK

Archived