WestJet Dress Code

Guest Whiteout

Guest Whiteout

I have an interview coming up with WestJet and was wondering if anyone could tell me what WestJet's definition of business casual is?

Guest quietwing

Hi Whiteout I would suggest it depends on the position you are applying for, if it is a pilot position I would recommend your sunday best. Good luck in any case.

Guest bianchiboy

It's better to be slightly over-dressed, than under-dressed in my opinion. I figured I should be dressed slightly more formally than the people on the panel so I wore light khaki dress pants, nice shoes, shirt and tie, and a deep navy blazer to my WJ interview.

First thing they said after hello etc. was "take your coat off and stay a while", or something to that effect. Even so, I didn't feel over-dressed for the occasion.

Good luck.

Hi whiteout I can only talk about expectations for pilot interviews. very comfortable cloths Kakis are fine a dress shirt. Should you wear a suit and tie yes you will be asked if you wish to take your jacket off as well as your tie. Your interviewers will be dressed in jeans and a respectable shirt. As some people say you should probably dress at least one level above the interviewers. The important part is your answers and atiitude not your dress.

hey whiteout! Where abouts are you applying? And for what position? I have me an interview with them as well on Thursday at CYXX for CSA.

I was just going to wear nice jeans and a collared shirt with some brown suede shoes or something. That way I look presentable, and stylin. I'm thinkin the smile will top it off though so make sure ya do plenty of that. Though if you're a pilot, I know at Hawkair all the pilots who come into the office for interviews are dressed very professionally.

Best of luck to you I hope ya get it! :)

Guest snapper

Went this route myself (on the insistance of my wife) and was hired 5 minutes after the interview. Of course this was 5 years ago. I was the only one wearing a tie. Come to think of it, I rarely see CB wearing a tie. Just be yourself and you will do fine.Attitude is everything, they will teach you the rest. Enjoy the interview, you will meet some great people.

Archived