¿Que Pasa? (Spanish Holiday Info??)

Guest Ray Darr

Guest Ray Darr

Working my ..er..wings off, and finally, it's time for a break. Anyone here have first-hand experiences near Madrid or Barcelona worth checking out? Planning to take Mrs. R.D. mid-September for just over a week.

Thanks, amigos e amigas!

~Ray Darr

Guest Ray Darr

Thanks for the reply, JC.

I think a start in Barcelona, then a drive south to Valencia (anyone been there?!) then somehow (train?) to Madrid, then returning from there. We'll see...it's unfolding as we speak. Hope to see Manuel in BCN!

Looking forward to this getaway. It's been a busy-as-heck summer.

~R.D.

R.D.

Madrid is a fantastic city to check out and there is lots to do. Don´t miss Plaza Mayor and Palacio real, as well as the gardens. There is also lots of really good day trips within a 1-2 hour drive of the city, including the Monasterio del Escariol (sp?). Also, I have heard of a monument to General Franco that is nearby. I haven't been there yet, but I hear there is a Church bulit into a cliff face and a huge cross marks the spot. Apparently, many people died building this site and it is supposed to be a very interesting spot to visit. Of course, there is also Toledo and Granada which are a must visit, if you have time. Lots of very interesting Moorish architecture and the old walled part of the city. A must see.

Anyway, enjoy.

Avcat in Maddid

Archived