Jazz reserve F.O.s

Guest Crow

Wonder if you could let me know how things are going on reserve now. Flying a lot? Are you being sent all over the place? Or are things running smoothly?

Was on reserve for a couple of years but am one of the 141 who was granted an extended summer vacation.

Thanks.

Guest Panama Jack

You may well be right, Gurk. Jazz is a changed company. Perhaps by the same token, many pilots, including those "kicking stones" are coming to the realization that the company, it's way of doing business and future outlook just aren't worth hedging bets on or making a career of it. These people are voting with their feet or preparing for "life beyond Jazz."

Guest PortTack

"life beyond Jazz."

I can say that EI is the most stabilty I've had in more than three years working for Jazz. Not to say I don't want my job back but it does feel better to know how much money I will have and for how long while I get my life in order. At Jazz I just couldn't plan for next week......

Many people are voting with their feet. Great FO's hired with around 2500-3000 hours now have the required 4000 hours to move to WestJet, I haven't seen one person regret that move yet.

Guest PortTack

Jazz hired a lot of folks around 2500 to 3000 hours. With the majority of the these people now hitting the 4000-5000 hour range WestJet needs....they're heading over to a much better company and haven't ever looked back. Good on them.

Archived