More Excel

Guest blocked pitot

Guest blocked pitot

Maybe Rich or Login can help me again, I am stuck on this program. If you read my previous message you will see what I am trying to do.

I have a box to put in altitude 1 (G4) and a box to put in altitude 2 (G15)

Average wind direction for altitude 1 is E12, avg. speed is K12.

Average wind direction for altitude 2 (E23) and avg. speed 2 is (K23)

Is there anyway I can get the program to take the average from altitude 1 (let's say 12000) and the average from altitude 2 (18000) and then list the average for 12, 13, 14, 15 etc.

Is it possible? Am I out of my league? Am I making any sense? If I succeed I will save dispatch a lot of time.

Sure..

Just use the functions that excel has. It would be easier to figure it out if one could see the spreadsheet but I'm guessing you have have a couple of altitudes that with coresponding winds that you want to take an average of. Simply put it's like this =AVERAGE(G4,G15)

But I am unsure want you want to take the average of? The Altitude? The wind? wind at an altitude?

Or are you trying to figure out what the wind would be at a specific altitude between the two you have selected based on the two inputed. If this is the case you will have to interpolate which becomes a little less simple but do-able

Depending on what your aim is there would be a different solution.

Cheers

Guest blocked pitot

"Or are you trying to figure out what the wind would be at a specific altitude between the two you have selected based on the two inputed. If this is the case you will have to interpolate which becomes a little less simple but do-able"

Exactly what I am trying to do. Do you want to see the program?

Archived