Same Old Same Old

Guest MikePapaKilo

Guest MikePapaKilo

Not being an ACA nor WJA employee, I've only lurked for a long, long time. So for any CSA's on this forum : Here's something I don't understand.

Me Mum lives in YHZ. She will come west in August. She is an Aeroplan points accumulator, so that every two years she can fly J to the great Northwest and visit grandchildren. At age 77 she particularly enjoys the J service, and prefers it for the 7 hour travel day

On her upcoming trip, she was Jazz "J" to YOW and mainline "J" OW to YYZ before the long haul. ACA recently called her and said that the YOW-YYZ portion was no longer mainline, now Jazz 8619, and there are no J seats.

So I log on to American Express seat mapping and find that ACA 605, a -321, shows 100% empty in J on her travel day. It leaves YHZ 45 minutes eralier than the JAZZ to YOW. But they won't book her, saying they too can see that none of the 20 J seats are taken, but to get one she would have to buy it. Can't have it on Aeroplan, even tho the whole trip WAS in J, and "cost" her 40,000 miles.

So what she'll do now is go to YHZ early, and list stdby J for 605, with the fallback being her already booked JAZZ to YOW then YYZ.

My question is, why cannot they book her an Aeroplan seat on 605, when no seats, absolutely NO seats are yet taken ? I had thought that there are always at least two Aeropan J seats in the Bus cabins. What am I missing here ? ACA changes her flights, per the schedule change. Why cannot she be rebooked J from HZ to YZ on 605 ?

Thanks for replies,

MikePapaKurious

Archived