AC Service

Guest FSS

Had a rather interesting trip over the July long weekend on AC. Flew out of WG on AC1172, June 27/03. Upon arrival YYZ, taxied in, full stop, when a young gal in the aisle seat, (I was window seat, no one between), appeared to have a seizure of some sort. I held her hand and tried to talk to her. It didn't take long for the F/A's to notice and to help. The girl said she'd never experienced this before. I couldn't supply any infor other than she had said she was catching a flight for Germany as she was in a choir going overseas. In few minutes, there were paramedics on board to help and I remember seeing a guy with the white shirt, bars on also. I told them I was in no hurry to get off as I was meeting my wife on a YQM flight not expected for an hour. Eventully she was able to get off and contact some of her travelling group.

On the return flight AC187, July 1/03, A321, Captain Jim Woods driving, we went mechanical and had to return to the ramp. Jim advised us in some detail as to the problem and whether we could continue with it. (some airfoils wouldn't deploy). He kept us informed as to progress with the AME (Mitch?) with the orange book checking it out. I know this may not have meant much to some people, but this info was much bettter than the we have a problem and leave it at that. Of course to us, (my wife is an IFR controller and holds a commercial pilot's licence) it was guite helpful. So, in summation, I thing AC went all out in both cases to be very caring and helpful in unfortunate occurances and I thank the crews involved.

Guest bll_yyc

Thanks FSS;

Very nice to hear

But be careful, saying nice things about anything AC does usually gains replies of scorn around here.

Guest M. McRae

More re AC and it's service. Three weeks ago I had to travel to Vancouver to attend a close relatives funeral. We, a party of 3, traveled on zip to YXX and AC from YVR on our return. One flight had a very young cabin crew and the other one had a more mature crew. Both provided friendly, efficient and courteous service. Both aircraft operated on schedule. Our one checked bag arrived both times and was available within 15mins of arrival. Express checkin (electronic machine) was great and the agent who provided us with a tag for our checked baggage (at both stations) was friendly and helpful.

I suspect our experience is closer to the norm than AC's detractors would like to admit!

Guest bll_yyc

Thanks M; again very nice to hear.

I too, even as an employee have a very good experience to talk about.

I had an unplanned last minute DH from LHR - YYZ this past week, a fellow needed the leg to maintain currency.

The new and improved Executive First service is fantastic ! But it is still all in the delivery, and the "back end" of flight 869 15 July was superb.

Guest Peanuts

AC aircrew I found have been 99.5% of the time superb. It is not them who need to change. I personally find the C.S.A's for AC at most big hubs around the world incredibly rude and not willing to help out paying passengers let alone their fellow employees who are travelling on passes. It is as if the are choked with cons because they are travelling. They need to take some happy pills more often.

Then with good service at the counter and great service on the airplane, AC and Jazz will shine again !! Ofcourse as long as the baggage crew also continues to keep the bags going where they are supposed to be going :)

Just my opinion.

Peanuts

I agree Peanuts. Last Saturday I got off the all nighter from YYC to YYZ and while waiting for my next flight to YHZ I and everyone within about a 30 foot radius got to listen to three AC CSA's bitch about their schedules and how " I should just book off". Granted it sounded like the one had a legit beef but customers were noticeably listening and then commenting on these three. Then I get to Calgary, just as the first few pax are getting off, the IC calls out to two Gate Agents on the bridge that there are two walk offs and 2 UMs. As I'm walking past the two CSA's one says to the other " I hate when these FA's try to tell us how to do our job".

I agree that its nice to hear positive stories about AC. However, far too many make it too easy to come up with negative ones.

Archived