Jazz Layoff #'s

Guest jzdude

Guest jzdude

Hi

Just heard that in addition to the "90 f/a's being laid off, due to the scheduling rules in the "new contract" an additional 35 f/a's are going to be laid off in the fall. Anybody else hear anything??

Guest Peanuts

nope, haven't heard a single thing regarding lay-offs. (any) All I know is that I asked for a reduced block come September and that they were going to look into it.

P.s jazzdude what do you think about the fact that we can do base trades without having to get all the F/A's approvals who are affected by the trade ? At this base we are really starting to have an issue with it.

Junior F/A's who commute to our base since May are base trading with super senior F/A's at the bigger bases.

In my opinion we should have the pilots language in our agreement as well. It still can be done with a "letter of understanding"

Peanuts

Guest jzdude

Hey Peanuts

That's news to us, we all thought that you did need the approval to do a trade. Maybe our "great" union should be looking into that.

Concerning the layoff #'s it supposedly comes from a union memo in the crew room.

Guest Peanuts

Hi jzdude,

This base trade thing has always been there but even back when we had the "old" Teamsters representatives working for us they simply didn't care about our concerns regarding the base trade issue. The reply I got was that it is NOT an issue. Well it is, especially with all these lay-offs. Even in the bigger bases you may not notice it right now however when they lay-off a whole swack of F/A's and then some of the real junior ones base trade with the real senior ones from whereever it sure does make a huge difference with your bidding.

we at this base are starting a petition to have this changed with a "letter of understanding" If moe bases were educated as well about this issue we can do something about it. We need the same language as the pilots have.

I'd appreciate your input on this :)

Peanuts

Archived