Nuts

Guest James

Guest James

Years ago I would have given my left nut to work for Air Canada, but I wasn't hired. Guess I was one of those unsuitable candidates.

Then years later, I would have given my right nut to work for Canadi>n, but alas, I did not have a university degree, even though I flew the "Blue" connector for 13 years.

Now I work for WJ, have both my nuts, and am "Very" proud of my company. It is my company.

I've been cultered, and it's great.

So, to all of us in this crazy industry, beat that. I still absolutley love going to work everyday aboard one of the best aircraft ever made.

Mr. Boeing knew how to do it.

James, I agree with you - I was hired years ago by PWA and them laid off after attending ground school for half a day and I thought my world had come to an end - to the point where I went out and pumped gas at the Esso filling station in Tsawwassen. However, fate works in strange and mysterious ways - I was hired by Air Canada after 5 months at the station. You just never know where you may end up.

I would work on this fascination you seem to have with your body parts, though.

Cheers

Harvey

Guest james

Hi Harvey,

Sorry about the anatomical references.

I know that you have gone through the trials and tribulations of this wonderful industry.

To those who follow us, some bumps in the road, they will smooth out as time goes on.

May I ask, do you miss all this s&%T?

Cheers

James

Hello James;

What I miss (and I think every pilot has one of these somewhere in his career)is taking off on flight 856 from YYZ to LON at 1915 in the evening - taking off into the west and the setting sun, flying the -400 manually to altitude - turning eastbound and flying along the Toronto skyline then watching as we approach the Earth's shadow projecting out into space, then flying into it and night descending rapidly. However, then you have to sit there all night, then land in LON (which can be quite enjoyable as the London ATC is the most laid back and professional I know), then wait for the bus, clear security OUT of the airport and then sit on the bus for another hour at least before getting to your hotel where probably the rooms will not be ready. And now the things intruding on you are even more intrusive - locked flight deck doors, increased security, etc. No, James, on the whole I am very very happy to be where I am - retired, a piece of Alberta to call my home, a garden, my tools, my family - life, James is good.

Cheers

Harvey

Guest james

Cheers my friend;

I am a Manitoba boy, who spent 16 years in Atlantic Canada, and now reside in Cowtown.

Pilsner Beer and Alberta beef:

Life is good.

Thanks for your comments and thoughts.

Archived