F1 vs Nascar......revisited

Guest McChicken

Guest McChicken

a quote from 55 year old Peter Egan, a car enthusiast-editor from road and track magazine (editorial, July 2003)......

"17) The repeated, arbitrary yellow flags of Winston Cup racing, intended to increase viewer interest by bunching up the field, usually cause me to turn off the tv and go for a walk. Why not trip the leader in the Boston Marathon so others can catch up?"

.........ahhhhh, so true, so true.

JM

Guest Nigol

Here's a quote from an 'ordinary average guy'..."I fall asleep during the last two thirds of F1, but I'm always on the edge of my seat during the entire Nascar race...especially at Talledega(sp?)".

The most excitement at F1 is the start and the last two laps.

Guest Starman

Occasionally, Ralph Schumacher falls asleep during the last two thirds of an F1 race...

But he managed to put in 70 perfect laps from start to finish at the Nurburgring. Good on him for putting Williams 1 - 2 on the weekend!

Nascar is often a video thrill ride that makes for great highlights on the 11 o'clock sports report. F1, on the other hand, is a strategic battle of science, passion, and talent. And it really takes a whole season to tell the story... (with the exception of last season) ;-)

Archived