Float Rating, Calgary west.....

Guest McChicken

Guest McChicken

Ladies and Gents,

i hate to take away from the doom and gloom, but i was wondering if anyone could help me find the best deal on a float rating in western Canada (ie, Calgary or west)? Type doesn't matter could be a piper supercub, etc, just want to get the rating for fun.

any opinions on Air-Hart, Fort Langley or Stewart Air in Victoria?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I have no information on the places you mentioned, but you can also do float ratings in the Okanagan in both Penticton and Kelowna. The Penticton school is called Stage Air, and I'm sorry I don't have the name for the Kelowna one.

Actually, I lie, I do have some information about the Fort Langley location, it's where I did my float rating 30 years ago, with a very fine chap named Norm Weslowski. More to the point might be that the swimming and beach activities are somewhat better in Lake Okanagan than in the Lower Fraser River. ;)

Best wishes,

neo

Guest McChicken

sanders,

failed the selection process, unable to understand the concept of "mounting" the camel and taking it for a "ride". care to help me on this one?!? besides, they really are filthy little ba$tards, smell like cabbage! ;-)

Guest jette

A great place to do it is in Sechelt B.C. with Pacific Wings. 1 888 885 2111. I did mine there and the training was loads of fun in one of the most beautiful locations on the coast.

Around $1400 in a Cessna 172 ($200 hour dual, 150 solo) with super cub floats on it. The guy that does the training has thousands of hours on floats and let me fly the Beaver for free a couple times. Bonus.

Archived