Proud of our Airline

Guest Peanuts

Guest Peanuts

Folks,

Shouldn't we all be out there showing our support for our Airline ? I personally am proud of the Airline I work for. If I didn't I'd be seeking to work for WJ. (sorry WJ guys, no offense)

Air Canada and Jazz still represent Canada, and I would hope that it always will !

I see the airline at the moment as a wouded child and am willing to take pay cuts to help it heal.

Once it is healed, there will be growth again.

First it has to heal.

I am looking for work in other areas but only because I don't like being taken away from my child for days. However, that is my choice, but if I did not have a child I'd be here untill retirement.

I like the company I work for !!!

Peanuts

Guest wrenchpro

A great sentiment but one that must carry over into our work. We have a huge job ahead of us if we are ever going to continue to make Air Canada THE canadian airline. All this bickering, outright fighting, "vote NO" campaigns, etc have the very real possibility of relegating AC to the history books. If we do manage to accept the difficult concessions being forced upon us and the company continues, we also stand a good chance of self destructing due to our anger, bad attitude and/or I'll-show-them-&%$@!s work habits (read low productivity). It's now up to us, ALL of US.

The gov't didn't fork over any money to keep the truck plant in Chatham open or help Chrysler to build a new plant in Windsor, will they just automatically support AC? Granted this is a much bigger scenario but I don't believe you will see an outright bailout.

Look to the future, the present isn't pretty but we can improve things for the days ahead, IF we are willing!

Tell you what Peanuts... If you are a pilot, you might not want to be in public showing your support.... I was in a hosp. waiting room this past week with about a dozen other people and the talk turned to AC... No one knew my affiliation and after hearing some of the chatter, I wasn't about to make it known...(to many scalpels and sharp instruments around) If this group was anything of a cross section of the sentiment of the flying public in Canada, the pilot group better keep there "woe is me" lines to this site instead of going public... The people of Canada are pretty smart, they see the Prima Donna crap and I don't think public sympathy would be close at hand....

Guest Peanuts

pfff, good thing I am not a pilot :) ! I hear what you are saying and yes I have heard the public talk about the AC pilots in that fashion as well.

However, I don't shy away instead I tell them that it is not all of the AC pilots that are acting like "Prima Donna's". Unfortunatly those ones do scream the loudest.

I rarely mention anything to my parents about what goes on at the Mainline and yet they are the ones telling me all kinds of negative stuff about the AC pilots now. Ofcourse they hear it ie. at the Doctors office, grocery store, TV or read it in the papers.

It is a sad state of affairs that it has gotten to this.

Archived