Sunglasses - The Epilogue (finally)

Guest Ray Darr

Guest Ray Darr

In the quest to find the perfect set of sunglasses, I polled you great users, travelled far and wide, and pitted re-seller against re-seller. Finally, I think I found the best pair of sunglasses anyone can use flying (driving, walking down the beach, etc) and I'd be happy to pass on what I found.

They are the Serengeti Driver's, with the Gradient lenses (lighter at the bottom, gradually becoming darker at the top), "titanium frame", Model 6691. Also, the brighter the light conditions get, the darker they become.

I've had them for a month now, and they are perfect to look through for the Airbus EFIS, not to mention the reduction in glare they give is better than any other lens I've used.

My only beef is getting my ears squashed between the plastic-ended arms (which are (IMHO) a bit wide) and the headset, after a while. If they came with wire-frame arms I'd get them instead. (My next purchase will likely be one of those "in-your-ear" headset adapters.) Besides this, these are remarkable to look through!

Got them at a place called "Sunglass Safari" in Mississauga, close to LBP Airport, who also offer 40% off to AC Employees. Get them while they're hot.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

~ R.D.

Guest Ray Darr

...actually, I'm NOT an AC employee. I just was passing on who can get discounts from that place. I also was just giving out some free info on what might be helpful for someone out there...not wading into the current situation. BTW, these are great shades. They are also availabe at Sunglass Hut stores but the only place I found that gave airline discounts was the YVR Richmond Centre Mall outlet or other Sunglass Huts you get to phone the Richmond store to price-match their offer of a discount.

Keep the faith everyone, and good luck.

~R.D.

Guest LoginName

I can't seem to find "Sunglass Safari" listed anywhere, could you please be more specific.

Thanks

Archived