Window of opportunity

Guest V1

The delay in Keller now opens a narrow window in which our best statesmen might meet with their best statesment and negoiate a seniority list. All the cards seem to have been played, time to show your hands guys.

Only a negotiated list will put this thing to rest in the end anyway, any imposed list will be fought, probalbly to a bitter end.

This delay is a last chance to save things. heck I'm gettin tired of these last chances!

Winner take all may mean winner take nothing.

Guest Goldendog

I believe the ACPA side folded their hand and walked away last Saturday. I don't believe there is another round being dealt.

Guest Starman

Does anyone happen to know how many pilots have been hired by AC since Jan 1, 2000?

They, of course, would be the first affected in the layoffs to come and are unaffected by the Keller award.

There are 364 of us since Jan 04 2000. I agree we would be the first affected wrt layoffs but if Keller moves the key date to Oct 2000 we would be affected by the Killer award.

Thats what I said.

Before we have a settlement imposed we need to look real hard to see if we can agree on one and put this thing to an end.

George, If the date has indeed changed to Oct 2000 I would suppose that approx 180 guys (course a month times 20) will then be included into whatever ratio comes. Thats pretty nerve racking stuff considering the top few of the 364 are right on the cusp of getting laid off. (350-400 according to ACPA) But all may be a moot point before long!

Guest George

Well, read Mr Lordon's reconsideration document...the October 2000 date is the date. And yes there were/are about 180-190 more AC pilots and about 20 more CAI pilots.

Guest jimmy

sfb, if the ratio favours the CAIL side to the extent that is rumoured there won't be any CAIL folks left to be ratioed in with the 364. They all would have numbers far higher up the list. They/we are bottom of the list either way.

jimmy

jimmy, ya I guess that makes sense. The date being moved has no real bearing then. Just a formality.

cheers,

sfb

Guest Starman

Thanks for the info guys. I know you guys are on the front lines and it doesn't feel good. I

I know... I was there in 1982.

Archived