ALPA scope

Guest PortTack

Guest PortTack

I understand that the ACPA scope went to April 1 2004.

-The new Jazz scope deal starts for April 2nd 2004.

If the contract was signed in respect of this date, do the scope clauses actually conflict? Any word on when the process for solving this conflict will come out?

Guest BillyBigToe

The end of the term for a contract does not mean the contents expire. Otherwise the first day after expiry a group would be starting from scratch for everything they have bargend for. Our scope will stand.

Guest PortTack

'Our scope will stand'

....but how do you know that?

I would think that the arbitrator will figure this out, a process Jazz has not even agreed to yet.

Jazz already has unlimited 55 seats under ACPA's new deal, plus ACPA has agreed to transfer the existing RJ's under your current provisions with no fleet guarantee in place.

If the ACPA TA gets ratified is anyone's guess.

Don't take this as pot stirring, APCA has taken an unreasonable burden and I wouldn't accept the deal either. My motivation is to have a grasp of the legal stances, purely to be informed on my own future.

Guest DWB YYC

Unless ACPA has changed the date it becomes useless. It is like like every other part of a collective agreement, it becomes redundent unless it is updated.

Guest easyjazz

BillyBigToe

SammyShotBothSides says your "scope" is now determined by an arbitrator not a contract up to and including 110 seats.

SammySquirrelNuts has seen your wage proposal and you fall a bit shy of undercutting the Jazz singer.

Sad to see the SCPA Professional setting the bar so low!!

Guest Jazzplayer

BillyBigToe,

Your scope may stand, much to the financial detriment of a struggling corporation trying to restructure, however it may also fall in which case I would hope that you would be OK with that....

Guest HPT-TOUR

Too bad ACPA gave up so much in their last contract in wages just to scope Jazz. Milton offered a lot. This time around they gave up a lot again just for 55 seats. Must make the guys hired prior to 1985 quite happy being the lowest paid in the Star Alliance just for a scope clause that might not even exist.

Guest Marion Vanderlubbe

But Horace InADrunkenStupor and Patricia BullShields haven't had their say yet.

Archived