Sounds like the same ol' business plan

Guest b52er

Guest Virtual

Interesting article that Clive wrote and signed James' name to. Guess since 'all things being fair' and there wasn't a WestJet Participation Act, he didn't realize that there was an Air Canada Participation Act that forbade them to drop unprofitable routes before 2003. :)

Guest Tri-spool

Although I have no liking for CB he does make a good point. AC is still to pre-occupied with putting the "true" discount airlines out of business. The focus that AC has is bound to fail. Although market share is important, the road that you take to achieve it is critically important. Focusing on customer service is key here. Focusing on a consistent product is key too. Simply undercutting fares won't do it! The real unfortunate part in all of this is that it is the employees of AC that will get hurt in all of this as they already have. Given that AC is the single largest employer in Canada's aviation industry the trickle down effect will be massive!

Insert crying face here!

Guest Virtual

Even if Clive did have a 'mole' on the AC BOD

telling him the business plan, I'm not sure

his cheap media advertising - giving his advice with James' as his secretary in this article - is really meant to 'help' AC. :) As for your comment that "focusing on customer service is key here", I believe you're right. For that, I believe our frontlines, etc. will be up to the task as, just look at all the things we've had to deal with in the past few years. As the saying goes, let's hope "what didn't kill us will only make us stronger"!

Archived