Pilot Packages

Guest Nail

Guest Nail

It would appear that the "packages" we had heard of previously were a misinterpretation of the fact. Apparently the F/A's are getting a large number (approx 2500?), but the pilot's are not. The 250 number, apparently is the number of retirements to be shown on the next list. It will take them to 2006 I would guess. It sure sounded good will it lasted though! Oh well...It will be interesting to see how the numbers crunch out when the list appears. Does anyone have any further info on this?

Cheers,

Nail

Guest WA777

It again shows the lack of respect the company has for its' pilots. With no packages available for guys like me(5 years to go), the latest changes to our pension plan and the new much lower wages mean I am planning on staying.....I really would prefer an earlier retirement where hopefully I could keep one of the rookies from being furloughed...JMO

Guest ACguy

It is almost a certainty that there exists greater than 250 retirements up to 2006. However, the fact remains that previous bids had broken with tradition in order to circumvent layoffs by showing retirements earlier(projected to 2004 or so). The upcoming Bid 03-01 will surely be grim.

Guest Conan

The reason the F/A's got the packages is because the loyalty bonus money which was set aside is now being used to pay them to leave...cheers

Guest WA777

It again shows the lack of respect the company has for its' pilots. With no packages available for guys like me (5 years to go), the latest changes to our pension plan and the new much lower wages mean I will have to stay.....Frankly I really would prefer an earlier retirement, probably keeping one of the rookies from being furloughed...It appears "pilot hating" management would rather stick it to the two of us than make both of us happy.....Even if there was no dollar cost or a little monetary benefit in their favour, I think they would enjoy doing it..JMO

Archived