pilot lay-offs

Guest jfaff

Guest jfaff

I am not an airline employee. However, it seems to me that with the large number of pilot lay-offs, it could be years before some of them are recalled.

Once they are released from the AC, they will no longer enjoy the privilege of flying the jump seat. However, many of them will almost certainly have to seek other lines of work or travel overseas for interviews to fly for other airlines.

But here's the rub. With no income, how can a pilot afford to travel to such interviews?

My suggestion is that ACPA negotiate that furloughed pilots be allowed to fly the jump seat to attend legitimate overseas interviews--at least for a period of a year or so.

I am aware of a number of "junior" pilots (so designated because of their length of service with AC) who have many years of flying experience. Some of them with as much as 18 years and as much as 8-10,000 hours and who are now in their early '40s. Just how long can a pilot in this position afford to wait for recall to AC.

As the retired owner of my own business, I know how hard it to have to release employees, but I always did my best to get employees relocated and to do everything in mu power to mitigate the effects of such layoffs.

How about it ACPA? Another kick as the cat on behalf of the juniors sure seems worth it.

Guest in_the_sky

It is my understanding that Jazz employees get 1 year of travel benifits while get AC employees get 3 months.

Seems fair considering the !@#$%$#@! way the airline industry in this country is going.

Guest Peanuts

I have learned my lesson on this forum by not knowing what I was talking about.

Perhaps it is wise for you to do the same.

Your source was wrong, and no need to get nasty.

Archived