Let's NOT merge

Guest FL410

Guest FL410

It should be obvious by now that not having a merger is tantamount to playing stoop. When profit margins are so slim with mainlines, companies will not have much choice in maintaining the social club and will have to get back down to the business of profits and shareholder value.

Very possibly in the not too distant future, there may be more jobs/aircraft at the regionals than the mainline. Career F/O's at the mainline will be the norm. Through the growth period at the regionals, the sentiment may revert to BOTL to go to the regional and the mainline can propose whatever method they desire (perhaps height or IQ or some other novel idea that they feel they have stacked in their favor). There would be no career advantage to go to the mainline with so much stagnation.

If you think that your "turf" is protected by labor law, think again. Corporations are using CCAA to restructure and if necessary get away from the tail wagging the dog.

You can think of a lack of merger as to have to keep playing stoop. Those able to do it for the cheapest will get the work. I suspect that one day, you or your kids will tire of it.

I tire of seeing the "my plane is bigger than your plane" conversation here. Good luck in your future endeavours.

FL410

Archived