Time is up! Deal or NO deal?

Guest q650

I'm not sure that this is correct but I believe that this is a deadline to come up with a negotiated settlement for all the unions.

If no settlement is reached then Judge Winkler will impose a settlement. Hopefully I'm right when I say that because I sure don't like the alternative if I'm wrong.

I'm not at all sure that my understanding of this process is correct but I believe that this is the deadline to come to a negotiated settlement for all unions.

If no negotiatwed settlement is reached then Judge Winkler will then impose a settlement. I hope this is the case because I sure don't like the other alternative if no agreement is reached.

Guest Snowshoes

My understanding is that the unions must respond to Air Canada's proposals by today. A tentative agreement must then be reached 7 days later followed by ratification so that the new contracts be in place by July 1st.

Judge Farley handed Judge Winkler powers of arbitration and I doubt the latter can impose a settlement. We either come to an agreement or witness a dreadful liquidation. I hope I'm wrong...

Snowshoes

Guest Snowshoes

Sorry but I meant to write "powers of facilitation" instead of "arbitration".

Snowshoes

Archived