Grounding 40 aircraft....?

Guest Dash eight

Guest Dash eight

OK Air canada says it is to park 40 aircraft. Is this a further 40 aircraft or is it the same grounding of all of the 747s and all of the 737s that was made public earlier this year?????

It seems to me there is not much new information here. It has been several weeks ago that this 17 percent capacity reduction was announced. This is probably just confirmation with some actual route reductions. I have been trying to spot check the online timetable each week and I have not yet noticed much happening. (There has not been the usual summer increase, however).

Guest tritanic

40 aircraft on the ground, all types. Very dependant on lease condition or changes to lease conditions.

Guest Dash eight

If tango wraps up what will happen to this fleet or could they be part of the 40 as well?

Guest PortTack

At least, more 'incentive' has been thrown the way of the unions for helping management's requests for concessions.

Things are as bad as they are, but not much else seems to be prodding some unions in to cooperating IMO. If it's rehashed news or new facts, I hope maybe this will get the ball roling. May 21 is not far away.

Archived