Monday Smile

Guest M. McRae

Guest M. McRae

Can you see me now?

A man left work one Friday afternoon but instead of going home, he stayed out the entire weekend, hunting with the boys and spending his entire paycheck. When he finally appeared at home Sunday night, he was confronted by his very angry wife and was barraged for nearly 2 hours with a tirade about his actions.

Finally his wife stopped the nagging and simply said to him, "How

would you like it if you didn't see me for 2 or 3 days?" To which he

replied, "That would be fine with me."

Well, Monday went by and he didn't see his wife. Tuesday and Wednesday came and went and he didn't see her. On Thursday,

the swelling went down just enough where he could see her a little out of the corner of his left eye.

Guest M. McRae

Perhaps you need to get a grip on yourself and become a little more 1/2 full rather than always 1/2 empty?????

Guest M. McRae

And your point is???? I think it is time that you attempted to be a little more of a 1/2 full type rather than a 1/2 empty individual.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

That is one of my favourite books (Don't sweat the small stuff) as well as Conversations with God. CWG sounds like a religious book, but it's not. Quite the contrary actually. Also a good read, Malcolm.

Jason ;)

Guest M. McRae

Is this the one you mean? Makes sense to me! :)

Conversations with God: Book 1, by Neale Donald Walsch (Putnam, 211 pp., $19.95)

Conversations with God: Book 2, by Neale Donald Walsch (Hampton Roads Publishing, 263 pp., $19.95)

Mr. Budziszewski is an associate professor in the departments of government and philosophy at the University of Texas at Austin.

'THIS book is an actual dialogue with God," reports New Age author Neale Donald Walsch. It is "God's latest word on things." And how Mr. Walsch loves his Lord! "I love you," he says to God; "you know that?"

"I know you do," replies God, "and I love you." Sweet -- until one realizes that Mr. Walsch is writing mash notes to himself.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

LOL! Yeah, it sounds kinda corney... I think I've posted a blurb about it here before, a long time ago. I mentioned that although N.D.W. might be a kook talking to himself and all, he sure writes thought-provoking things that are border-line brilliant IMO.

There is also a third book.

On this one you'll have to take a strangers word; it's a good read, I promise. And this is coming from a non-religious person, rather a self spiritual one who tries to live life as a good person.

Let me know what you thought if you can get past that associate professor's rather comical, short review. Too bad he didn't go into other conversations contained in the book.

J.... ;)

Guest M. McRae

Acting on your recommendation, I will give it a read. I have it on request from my library (us retirees have to save where we can) :)

Guest ex-SkyGeek

That's great, Malcolm! Really hope you like it. If you would like to read books two and three, and your library doesn't have them, I'd be happy to lend them to you via Canada Post.

G'day......

dietrichjason@rogers.com

Guest M. McRae

Thanks for the offer but let's see if I can make it through nbr 1. The library seems to have the others. Rgds Malcolm

Guest ex-SkyGeek

Okay, well at least try to read bk 1 cover-to-cover before casting judgement on my intellect. *grin*

later,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
Guest M. McRae

I got volumes 1 and 2 of Conversations with God and they were not "my cup of tea". My taste in literature runs more to novels such as "Atlas Shrugged" or "Stranger in a Strange Land: :) Rgds Malcolm

Archived