question for Skyservice guys

I got a call from friends who where aboard your flight from YYZ-VCE. They were concerned about the fact that the flight took off then returned to the airport an hour later. Their concern was that there were only emergency lights on during the return to point of origin, yyz. I dont know the equipment used but I assumed it was an A330. If it was an A330 what did cause all the electrical system to fall off the line?

I ask because I dont believe this to be possible. (well, anything is possible but this is rather unusual) I am just trying to understand what they told me and what actually happen.

Secondary to that they had "apparently" quite a rough misfortune with delays in the 12 hours range plus returning to the airport of origin plus landing at an airport that was not their destination. From the account it seem that it was an all around bad day.

As expected they swear never to fly Skyservice again but I used your services and think of you as a good operation.

Thanks in advance.

IS

Guest heavy landing

The aircraft in question was C-FBUS. It had originally departed yyz at 2130L on sched but returned to yyz after the cabin crew reported smoke coming from behind one of the ovens in the mid galley. upon arrival into yyz the engineers who met the flight removed the oven(the oven was a repaired unit installed a day earlier) and upon further inspection of the galley dispatched the aircraft at 0230L.

As for the emergency lights, the floor path lighting on this aircraft is of the "glow in the dark" type so it doesn't require to be turned on. The "power outage " your friends asked about was the galley bus that was switched off by the front end as a precaution that would result in all the galleys and the inflight entertainment systems to be shut down.

I hope this helps as it sounds like your friends had a loger day than expected.

Rich;

What you describe make sense to me. I guess the pax I talked to had the expected "version of events". It helps to know the facts. If asked again I will tell them that things werent as bad as they assumed.

Thanks for the info

Cheers

IS

Archived