Give me one good reason!

Guest soarcerer

Guest soarcerer

The thread on the AC medical department is sliding down the page to oblivion and this site was down yesterday, so I will move this comment to the top here. I have one good reason to keep the med dept.

Almost 2 years ago in August, I was called in and told that I had failed my medical. :-0

Ouch!! Then our medical department bent over backwards to get my license back!

Why did MOT want to tear up my license you ask????

The MOT doctor who confirms the EKG that are sent in said that my heart rate was too low!!! I have a resting heart rate of 46 to 48 BPM (Normal is 60 - 100) The AC doc said that I should live to be 125 years old and wrote letters and made calls for 2 months and finally the MOT determined that a low rate was not such a bad thing after all!

Let's keep a department who would rather not hear little tearing-up noises when your license is presented. Non-company medical staff wouldn't care one whit if you failed your med.

Guest in_the_sky

I have heard some good and bad about the medical department. My personal opinion is that from my experience at AC there are some doctors there who shouldn't be there anymore, and some do a fine job. Just like you would find with a GP.

Why not get rid of the medical deparment but retain the services of one or two doctors to help those with Transport Canada problems. No one has said that these doctors are any better than another just that they help you in times of need.

Archived