Waikiki Deals

Guest Billybob

Guest Billybob

Want to travel to waikiki at the end of May. First time there. Any suggestions for accommodation. Prefer something Clean, Comfy, Cheap and on or close to beach. Looking for ideas from seasoned travelers. All suggestions appreciated. Thanx in advance, Billybob :-)

Guest Rob Assaf

Have stayed at "the Reef" several times. It is part of the Outrigger chain, they give good discounts to airline employees.

It is located right on Waikiki Beach next to Fort Derussy (sp?) You walk out directly on to the beach, has a pool and the shorebird lounge, last time I was there it was a cook your own place. You ordered a meal and they brought you raw meat and pointed you to the grill, kind of fun actually, great way to meat people (that sp intentional!)

Plan on using the transit system for getting around the island of Oahau, you don't need a car nor do you want one in most cases. On the other islands a car is pretty much essential but much more managable.

You can transit bus your way to Pearl Harbour, Punch Bowl and Diamond Head, and even all around the island perimeter to some of the famous surfing beaches like Pipeline.

The international market is OK if you are into buying trinkets, as you move deeper into the market you will find the same items as up front only cheaper. Kill an hour or two there once.

You will be hounded on Waikiki beach by photographers, trinket sellers, etc. Kind of irritating.

Loads of nightlife at "the beach" if you are into that sort of thing. I've found since getting older and being married with children, I appreciate the island of Maui much more. GREAT beaches (No salesmen as well), relaxed pace, a little nightlife up Lahina way, but I digress.

Gotta see Waikiki once in your life but do consider checking out the other islands if Waikiki is not your style. Some people I know love the place and it is the only place they will go. To each their own.

Enjoy, Rob

Guest BillyBigToe

Just came back on Thursday.
We stayed at:

Ohana Waikiki Tower
200 Lewers
808 922-6424

$50.00US a night for airline employee's. Well worth it, only a block from the beach.

Guest bigbigbus

outrigger and aston give airline rates of 50% posted rates. go online to check. many to choose from. last time was with C3 and the deal had not changed for years

Guest Geminoid

Go to www.ohanahotels.com These are the moderate hotels formerly under the Outrigger name. Usually 50 bucks a night or so. Remaining Outriggers are on the beach and double the price.

Ohana Waikiki Village on Lewers is fine..close to the beach. Ohana West on Kuhio is across from Denny's and steps to the International Market Place, but a 10 minute walk to the beach.

Aloha, Geminoi

Archived