AC ESOP & Share Price

Guest Jazz Monkey

Guest Jazz Monkey

I'm just curious to hear what some of you previously involved in the ESOP are doing / have done with your shares since the CCAA. Initially memos told us to hold on and wait for a bit but now it sounds like the company is saying go ahead and sell if you wish. Obviously to sell now carries a large loss; however, if the shares become null and void then one's loss would be even greater.

Any thoughts?

Guest lupin

had a talk with my financial adviser about that,He said he dumped all the air canada shares all his clients had and went further to explain that the creditors would get paid first in a restructuring,leaving nothing for the stock holder.The creditors normally get shares issued to the from the bankrupt company after the previous shares are all wipped out.He mentioned that if you want to take a risk with air canada....buy some air canada debt....which is currently selling at 30 cents to the dollar.At least with debt,it will probably get converted to equity in the restructuring.ie more to be gained with less risk

Lupin

Guest redleader55

Get your Computorshare statement and call/e-mail them and dump the whole bunch online; you will even save a few a few pennies in comission.
Then go buy a caseabeer,open,pour in a glass and cry in it!
And that's the best you'll ever get outta that worthless paper...Buy More? I doon't thiink sooo.

Archived