Man 1, Bank 0; True story!

Guest ex-SkyGeek

Guest ex-SkyGeek

(Senior) flight attendant. Canada 3000 had 3 tiers of cabin staff on board each flight. The purser (aka: #1, lead, in-charge) who would oversee and be resposible for the entire cabin and the crew. The senior (aka #2, or as I referred to it as, onboard accountant!) did a pile of paperwork and was responsible for directing service in the aft cabin in liason with the purser. It was an in-between position to ready you for the responsibilities of purser, plus it took a load of work off of the purser's shoulders so they had more time for P.R., etc. The sfa position was a busy and often thankless position, but I think we were well compensated for our efforts. While I miss my seniority, all has worked out for the best for I have found a new career in policing with our local police service which I enjoy tremendously. God willing, I will remain there until retirement.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I made it sound like the only thing I missed was my seniority; I miss the airline tremendously as well. Hindsight is 20/20 and the things I used to think were "big" concerns for us at Canada 3000 have been put back into serious perspective over the past year and a half. I've managed to avoid bankruptcy by the skin of me teeth a few times since losing the income I was accustomed to having, and am now a much more thankful person for what I have in the present. I will always hold very fond memories of my years with that airline. Some days I still can't believe it's gone, even now! Hard to let go of in some ways, but like everyone else I'm moving on.

Wow, look what came out of a simple question about an "S". LOL

But back to the link... i hope a few of you enjoyed the story. You don't hear of stuff like that happening every day! At first I thought it was a pile of rubbish, until I saw the newspaper articles and found out about the tv spots.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I made it sound like the only thing I missed was my seniority; I miss the airline tremendously as well. Hindsight is 20/20 and the things I used to think were "big" concerns for us at Canada 3000 have been put back into serious perspective over the past year and a half. I've managed to avoid bankruptcy by the skin of me teeth a few times since losing the income I was accustomed to, my life savings, and investments (it was admittedly very stupid to put all my eggs in one basket).

I am now a much more thankful person for what I have in the present.

I will always hold very fond memories of my years with that airline. Some days I still can't believe it's gone, even now! Hard to let go of in some ways, but like everyone else I'm moving on.

But back to the link... i hope a few of you enjoyed the story. You don't hear of stuff like that happening every day! At first I thought it was a pile of rubbish, until I saw the newspaper articles and found out about the tv spots.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I made it sound like the only thing I missed was my seniority; I miss the airline tremendously as well. Hindsight is 20/20 and the things I used to think were "big" concerns for us at Canada 3000 have been put into serious perspective over the past year and a half. I've managed to avoid bankruptcy by the skin of me teeth a few times since losing the income I was accustomed to, my life savings, and investments (it was admittedly very stupid to put all my eggs in one basket).

I will always hold very fond memories of my years with that airline. Some days I still can't believe it's gone, even now! Hard to let go of in some ways, but like everyone else I'm moving on.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I made it sound like the only thing I missed was my seniority; I miss the airline tremendously as well. Hindsight is 20/20 and the things I used to think were "big" concerns for us at Canada 3000 have been put into serious perspective over the past year and a half. I've managed to avoid bankruptcy by the skin of me teeth since losing the income I was accustomed to and needed, my life savings to supplement my crappy new income (much better now at the police service), and all of investments (it was admittedly very stupid to put all my eggs in one basket).

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I made it sound like the only thing I missed was my seniority; I miss the airline tremendously as well. Hindsight is 20/20 and the things I used to think were "big" concerns for us at Canada 3000 have been put into serious perspective over the past year and a half. I've managed to avoid bankruptcy by the skin of me teeth since losing the income I was accustomed to, all of my investments (it was admittedly very stupid to put all my eggs in one basket), and what was left of my life savings (that I didn't have invested) to supplement my crappy new income (much better now at the police service).

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I made it sound like the only thing I missed was my seniority; I miss the airline tremendously as well. Hindsight is 20/20 and the things I used to think were "big" concerns for us at Canada 3000 have been put into serious perspective over the past year and a half. I've managed to avoid bankruptcy by the skin of me teeth since losing the income I was accustomed to, all of my investments (it was admittedly very stupid to put all my eggs in one basket), and what was left of my life savings (that I didn't have invested) to supplement my crappy new income at the printer company I managed to get a job with 6 months after C3 went under. I am much better off now, thanks to the Police service hiring me, and in time I will be sitting nicely again.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

I made it sound like the only thing I missed was my seniority; I miss the airline tremendously as well. Hindsight is 20/20 and the things I used to think were "big" concerns for us at Canada 3000 have been put into serious perspective over the past year and a half. I've managed to avoid bankruptcy by the skin of my teeth since for one, after losing the income I was accustomed to, all of my investments (it was admittedly very stupid to put all my eggs in one basket), and what was left of my life savings (which I hadn't invested) to supplement the low-level income I began earning at the printer company. I managed to get a job with Epson 6 months after C3 went under -- 6 months! With loads of computer experience, 10 years of flying experience, and 3 years of web development at CFMT television... I was finally deemed fit for employment by a printer company. I've read postings on this forum to the effect of: "If I lost my job at AC I'll easily find a new job... I hope you never have to test your theory. I say that quite honestly.

I am much better off now, thanks to the Police service hiring me, and in time I will be sitting nicely again. Also, I am now a much more thankful person for what I have in the present.

I will always hold very fond memories of my years with that airlines, particularly Canada 3000. Some days I still can't believe it's gone, even now! Hard to let go of in some ways, but like everyone else I'm moving on.

Archived