Dispatchers?

Guest blocked pitot

Guest flyersclub

i have a question too ... can you get your faa dispatch certificate by distance learning? i have searched the 'net but most institutions offering the certificate seem to only have residential programs ... thanks!

Guest blocked pitot

I am writing the FDOPS exam in a month. I just passed the FDMET. My question is this: what does the bulk of the exam consist of? Do you guys remember? CARS (704, 705)? Performance? Do you have to plot a flight on a LO chart? I have the study guide but is is HUGE!! Just one of the references is the AIP, well we all know how many pages that is. I want to be prepared, but don't want to waste hours studying material that may not be covered. Any advice?

Guest Dx Guy

Try Taking the Aerocourse Dispatch course. It will prep you directly for the exam and give you everything you need to know. The next course is April 1st. in Toronto.

Flyersclub,

Unfortunately the FAA is not available entirely by distance learning.

There are two courses for the FAA. A longer six week residence course, or a shortened 2 week course. In order to do the 2 week course, you must have previous experience in airline operations. In the two week course, they send you a load of material that you must cover on your own. Once you arrive, you will write a written exam right away. Pass the written, you can continue the course, don't pass, your SOL.

The FAA does two tests. First a written exam, at the very end, an oral exam.
The exam I had with the FAA inspector was six hours. Had to flight plan a B727 from LGA-MSP by hand, do the W&B by hand. Of course they give you the worst WXX in the history of the USA along with WXX charts that show every possible symbol.

I took my course in KMSP. Best training you'll ever get. The written exam is the same as the US ATPL exam. Once missing a few helicopter questions. After doing that course, you can walk into any SOC/OCC center and have a good idea of what's going on.

At WJ we require a minimum of one years experience or an FAA licence.

Good luck and Best Regards,

WTFO !!

On that note, WJ is still looking for good dispatchers.

Had one recently join the Fire Dept, one on MAT leave, another going on leave of absence for six months so we are still looking for good folks.

Moving into our newly contructed OCC on the third floor of our hangar expansion area next week.

Enough stations for 12 Dispatchers, 4 Crew Sked, 4 Maint Cntrl, 8 Load Planners, 2 Customer Care, 8 Ops Coord, 4 Trainers, 4 Team Leaders, 1 Director, 1 Manager.

Dual 21" flatscreens for Dispatch & Maint Control,with smaller dual flatscreens for Load Plan and Ops Coordinators coming later.

All track lights troughout. Has computer equipped pilot briefing counter & cmes with a board room for meetings.

A huge step from the Esso Avitat only 2 years ago. Looks awesome !

WTFO !

Guest dpinsent

Who joined the Fire Dept? Mary?
Just curious cause Mary worked with us at Jazz and I know she was trying hard to get on with the YYC FD. If it was her, pass on my congrats. Regards/Dan

Guest dpinsent

Who joined the Fire Dept? Mary?
Just curious cause Mary worked with us at Jazz and I know she was trying hard to get on with the YYC FD. If it was her, pass on my congrats. Regards/Dan

Guest dpinsent

Get your hands on a Weather Command Manual. Study the book until you know it. That'll cover you for the FDMET. As for the FDOPS, it's a typical TC Exam. Same style of questions on any of the pilot exams. The AIP is probably the best readily available info. If I can recall, the flight planning exercise was very basic. Weight and Balance question was probably a C172. Same goes for take off/landing performance.

These 2 exams are strikingly similar to the ATP.

Regards/Dan

Archived