to DOC

Guest givemeabreak

Guest givemeabreak

"The fact that AC 'owns' Jazz is absolutely irrelavent, despite what Jazz employees may believe. Jazz is simply another carrier in AC's eyes, like any Tier 3 carrier, that operates Dash 8's and RJ's. When a route suits that aircraft you may fly it. If it suits a 1900 then you won't fly it. Any you know what--THAT MAKES SENSE!!! Put the right aircraft with the right frequency on the route and they might make some money."

That's why ZIP is running around with 40 people on board in lots of places.... makes sense huh? But I guess with a no layoff where you are at that means that you have to be given something to do. Have fun under CCAA!!

No, if they are running around with 40 people and are unprofitable then they should change the guage. Then again there may well be other 'factors' beyond your claim of no layoffs that make flying those routes sensible.

As always, I wonder if they are actually as empty as you claim! Are those low loads nes--ie. like the loads on MOST flights these days...etc.....etc....etc....etc

Guest fasteddy

Be carefull...the BOD may come the conclusion that the Jazz rates are just perfect for the rest of the AC fleet...

Guest floatrr

Jazz was flying the 1900's and still could be flying the 1900's. Jazz could be flying anything from a Navajo to a B747 for the same crew costs. Jazz seems expensive because of the opression they are under with seat restrictions and fleet size. Maybe when the feds get involved , (which they won't unless AC files for protection) they will force AC to do what makes sense with their labour forces. But with Collenette at the helm, well lets just say I have more faith in the Management in Halifax. Nuf said.

Archived