Does This Make Sense?

Guest GDR

How is this for a scenario? Now that Robert Milton and Gerry Schwartz have made up, (to the credit of both of them), the question has been asked could ONEX fit into a plan somehow.

Is it possible that ONEX is out there right now buying up huge chunks of AC debt at 40 cents on the dollar? Possibly they are even accumulating shares at the same time. Eventually when ONEX owns enough of the debt they goes through an agreement with AC to take convert the debt to equity and take a majority stake in the airline. The whole thing would be contingent on the unions agreeing to renegotiate their contracts.

With the price of AC debt right now, and with Schwartz's closeness to the federal liberals, buying AC debt at today's prices might not carry that great a downside should the whole thing fall through. I'm sure that GS would now how to protect his downside in such a scenario.

Remember a while back there were newspaper accounts of some European company holding a large amount of AC stock. Whatever happened to them, and is it possible that they are acting on behalf of ONEX.

It seems to make sense to me, but I’m sure Dagger or somebody else will point out to me how far off base I am.

Greg Robinson

What I realize from you post is that whatever happens in way beyond any thing that I can influence. SO I will try to sign off as I have for the last month or so.
I really am trying to quit........

Hi V1

You mentioned in a post below that the final solution will have to include everyone. You're right. Our union is going to have to come to some final position on this issue and presumably we will have some say in whatever position it is.

We are going to have to become more productive. Everyone should at least try, (if we can get anyone to listen,) to come up with imanginative ways of making the company more productive.

Maybe both of us should just start by cutting back. A 10 step program instead of cold turkey. :)

Greg

Archived