The End Game

Guest neo

Dear Colleagues,

I have no better outlook on all this than yourselves, and those of you who know my opinion realize that I believe it should NEVER have got to this point. I think that both parties- ACPA and management- failed to address our corporate needs in a way that advanced our collective best interests.

And even though my opinion is that ACPA's and AC management's record of early stage bargaining is abysmal, I believe that ACPA is a first-class late stage bargainer. I repeat: we should never have let it get to this point. Numerous opportunities presented themselves to advance the interests of both the pilots and our employer, which we did not take. But now that we're here, I feel strangely calm, and a lot of it is based on ACPA's ability to deal with the end game.

I may shortly be proven very, very wrong; but that's the fate of everyone who voices an opinion. There's no doubt that our working lives are going to look very different in the future, come what may. But for what it's worth, I have faith that our union will reach the best deal possible at this juncture.

Best wishes to all,

Richard Roskell

Good to hear from you again Richard. I thought you'd been over indulging on those grapes of yours.

I agree. I am confident that a resolution will be found but I certainly will heave a huge sigh of relief when it happens.

Once all the unions contracts are in place there seems to be enough money around to get us out of bankruptcy protection.

With the new contracts, reduced leases and reduced debt I'm also confident about the future long term.

Having said all that, it's been a long day.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Been busy, is all. I said my piece when there was a chance it might still make a difference, but those days are long past in this crisis. There's a time to just shut up and let people get on with their business.

And when did over-indulging ever stop me posting in the past? You know me better than that! (6)

neo

Archived