Nothing to Worry About

Guest b52er

Guest b52er

One must be just a little curious as to what is going through the travelling publics mind that have tickets on AC right now. Having read numerous media articles, all quoting travel agents and passengers alike, that, "its business as usual". Travel agents don't seem concerned, travellers don't seem concern, so why should the employees be concerned? It is certainly ironic, how both ACPA, AC and the Judge, are virtually telling all that AC could very well sink, and yet, the Canadian public, for whatever reason, is in a state of denial. This is not uncommon for Canadians, as we have demonstrated that in our own non-celante ways, we just continue to go about our business as if nothing would ever happen in Canada. IE: not being prepared for health outbreaks, not being prepared for contaminations of our food supplies, not being prepared for lacks in border security, and one could go on. Funny how when an airline as good as C3 was even so much as whinced that they were in financial trouble, the people bailed left right and centre. Inevitably, the company did the fiscally responsible thing and shut down in a matter of no time. The government didn't care, it was out of the media print in no time flat!

One must ask what makes this current crisis any different than C3, Royal or any of the others that have gone by the wayside in the past.

So.......for all the employees and creditors out there, if the Canadian travelling public doesn't seem to be concerned with whether or not you will survive, and they have confidence in your current crisis, what have you got to worry about?

Guest leftbase

Actually, I do have some concerns about my flight booked next week to YYJ. But I think like most Canadians I refuse to worry about something I can't control and live my life in fear of what COULD happen. OOooooohh..SARs...mad cow...it's just such a scary, scary world...

If you ever watched the movie "Bowling for Columbine" and it's description of the "culture of fear" that the US media perpetuates (and alas, more and more, their Canuck counterparts), you'd realize that the Canadian so-called "denial" of these things is so much more desirable than the "Chicken Little" approach.

Me, I'm going to keep reading the news on and off, maybe have a beer. Maybe check the WJ website for flights next weekend. Maybe think about driving/taking the train/Greyhound! ;) If AC tanks, life will go on, simply in another form. If folks want to waste their energy quarelling about who gets to fly what, it's their business. Humans are remarkably adaptive, but in the end I believe you largely choose your own reality. If you want to breathlessly believe the world is ending because an airline is possibly ending, well, that's too bad.

Er..how did this dip into philosophy...

Regards,
lb

Archived