Quote of the day

Guest q650

Guest q650

"The transfer of flights from its mainline operations is one of the biggest roadblocks to getting a deal with Air Canada's pilots" said Richard Jones, a lawyer for the pilots union.

In my opinion it is a good thing. Finally the Regional operation can put proper A/C on Regional routes. However, I don't really expect this will happen as ACPA doesn't think anyone else deserves a job.

Guest WA777

So in other words, are you saying it is okay to take these routes and jobs away from the mainline pilots and they should have no right to hold on to any of these jobs or routes?

Hey WA777,

Could you be more rethorical? It's pretty simple, it's a survival game right now and ACPA ain't playing - they would rather sit on they artificial high horse and let the boat sink. Sad.

Mainline is Mainline, Regional is Regional. If Grande Prairie - Edmonton requires a RJ is should be Jazz that operates the flight. What is so tricky to fiqure out whats Regional flying. Who cares who used to do it? What do you propose? Should Jazz pilots have no expectation of growth because Mainline wants it all. Once a route is big enough for a larger A/C in a Regional market ACPA wants the flying. All the insulting comments about Jazz has its place, and don't forget it !!! Imagine some people don't want to work at mainline, there are benefits to working for Jazz. The only skill difference between you and them is TYPE OF EQUIPMENT - TYPE TRAINING. Big Deal !!! The employees at Jazz, in particular the Pilots deserve the right to a career without having to quit a job the've had with the same company for 10-15 years. It sickens me to hear mainline guys profess the only reason someone is not at Air Canada mainline is because they are not worthy. ALPA couldn't pretend anymore, what was happening to the Regional Pilots was grossly unfair, so the choosen became ACPA. DOH is the only way this will ever be resolved. It gets as imature as the cool kids at school. I firmly believe that the creditors will see this glaring waste of money and right what has always been wrong.

Guest Skirt

There's a good song by Depeche Mode you folks should learn: "Dream on, dream on, dream on..." If you are really for One Union, One List, then you better start changing your DOH tune.

Guest HPT-TOUR

What do you suggest? BOTL?, It never was DOH, we were dovetailed with the bottom 243. You posted that you are a 4 year employee but do you believe that all Jazz pilots should be behind you? Please explain.

Guest Nigol

If you want to make it fair you gotta go DOH. No ifs ands or buts, period full stop. There's going to be guys ahead of you and there is going to be guys behind you. If two people have the same DOH, you decide by draw or by alphabetical order. Its better for all involved, the way it's going now, with two unions, we are all going to be out of work and we all will be "dreaming on" about the great jobs we had. Remember "the times they are a changin'..." However, we may be too late to work things out.

Off to Trucking School
Nigol

Guest Skirt

HPT-TOUR,

I was only commenting on what both SARP & Nigol were saying. "One Union! One List! DOH!"

I'm also not going to answer your last question since it will only open a HUGE can of worms. Also to quote another song (Jessies Girl) "The point is probably moot"

Archived