waaaaay outside the box

Guest AME

As the only topic here seems to be ALPA vs ACPA I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth.

As this topic only comes around when one side or the other is laying off why not do some thing like this????

1) Anyone on lay-off from either carrier will be given first interview (before OTS)at the other based on their seniority (interview only as each carrier has differt hiring criteria)

2) If you choose to accept a position with the other carrier (at the bottom of the list) you will be locked into your position for 5 years (this is to protect the company) after which you will have the option of returning to your former company if you so desire (displacing anyone recalled/hired to fill your spot) at which time you will forfeit any accured temp senority.

3) Once your 5 years are up and you elect not to return to your former company, you will keep your accured senority at the new carrier and forfeit all your time at your former one.

4) These measures, while admittedly off the top of my head, may help keep some of the "Family" off of EI.

anyway everyone seems to have an opinion so I thought I would offer mine.

Brett

ps: these same ideas could be used by each union, F/As, Maint,Cargo etc...

Archived