More RJ's To Jazz?

Guest JazzMTC

Guest JazzMTC

With all of this talk about AC's RJ's coming to Jazz, no one has raised the question if we can handle them,maintenance wise. We BARELY can handle 10! No tooling, no parts, no support, and most importantly no experience! Jazz Management has been used to turboprop aircraft for so many years, they throw "bush" maintanence at the Jets and it's beginning to show. When Jazz says it can do it cheaper they ain't kidding.

I don't know,we had jets for years and they didn't show it (if you don't include paint :S )

Wait for the spin off of ACTS, there may be big changes to the structure of AC and JAZZ maint. :D

Brett

Guest JazzMTC

I really thought ACTS was going to play a bigger role with Jazz, some months ago, but now my gut feeling is ACTS will die with AC. The costs structered with ACTS( wages,benefits,pension,etc)does not make it viable to control the postBK-AC/Jazz. Jazz pays peanuts and peanuts is what they want to serve from now on.

Guest dashedexpectations

You wouldn't get them all tommorrow. The last one would come in 2006.

I'm not sure what you guys agreed to for these concessions, but the JAZZ contract was light years ahead of the AC one.

The difference at the top of the scale isn't that great and the extras at JAZZ more than make up for it.

As for ACTS my understanding is that the plan is moving forward and the final bits should be in place this summer. (subject to change)

Right now ACTS will only do heavy maint and the AO (airline) will keep line maint (thi I believe is a CARs requirement, again subject to change)

Out of all the groups ACTS has the best chance of survival based on third party contracts either signed or pending.

Brett

Guest JazzMTC

The biggest hurdle for Jazz to go it alone is RJ parts. 95% of RJ parts come from AC. AC's BK would result in an instant freeze of parts and tooling. Jazz's 10 RJ's is enough to handle already. They can't handle more.

Archived