Saftey first

Guest in_the_sky

Guest in_the_sky

IMHO I believe that many of the companies request regarding the contractual duty regulations border on the lines of unsafe.

Many of the contractual items regarding duty time, Augmentation, silent hour flying is not just there for the sake of being there but for safety issues.

How safe would a pax feel knowing that possibly the two crewmembers operating their flight to TLV MAY have been awake for more than 30 hours? under the present rules at least they would require a relief pilot.

The CARS suck and are written by people sitting in an office going home every night for dinner and getting good nights sleep. They are written in such a way that they can be interpreted in many ways, Not necessarily the safest. That is these contractual items must be preserved.

Agian IMHO

Guest buswrench

I agree,I had a look at the companies' demands from acpa,if they go for it probably only a matter of time before someone augers one in due to fatigue or stress.
No one seems to be talking about the big picture here,ie. where the US carriers are at after their concessions.This will end up being a third world operation if AC has their way.I personally wouldn't be offended if ACPA pulled the pin.

Guest buswrench

I agree,I had a look at the companies' demands from acpa,if they go for it probably only a matter of time before someone augers one in due to fatigue or stress.
No one seems to be talking about the big picture here,ie. where the US carriers are at after their concessions.This will end up being a third world operation if AC has their way.I personally wouldn't be offended if ACPA pulled the pin.

Archived