why set a deadline?

Guest q650

Guest q650

Why has Farley set deadlines for ACPA when they seem to mean absolutely nothing? I bet we'll see yet a new deadline somethime today; what a joke.

Guest chiselcharter

As long as progress is being made, why stop it?...just to start again. The Farley process is to aid AC in restructuring not fail it. The issues are complex, the result could be devastating not only to the employees but politically and economically. Let the cards play.

Guest Touchdown

Why the hurry....Are some on here so eager for AC's demise that they "just can't wait ?"

Mr.T

Guest Touchdown

Question is....What are the alternatives....shut'er down...leave no international service from Canada ? Let Jazz do all the international flying effective immediately...Be realistic....it's not going to come to that. I just find it interesting that some are in such a rush to see it fail. I wonder what YOUR motivation is....And by the way, we would all like to keep our jobs. Or maybe I just hit a nerve ?.....

Guest alldatjazz

Don't forget that getting Tentative Agreements is not the end game here. This is simply an important step.
The clock is ticking and the Creditors have a lot of money tied up in this. They re going to be the Judges, not Mr Farley.
Air Canada must now convince the people who are owed money that "the Plan" is viable it will be worthwhile for them to "take a chance" on us.
I hope we can get on with this and build it up again.

In my opinion as a JAZZ pilot " THE MODEL" is still broken. We are BIDDING for flying and ACPA continues down it's scorched earth path that it's members are the only ones worthy of the BIG DEAL. If ACPA is able to push the envelope and have any part of the JAZZ deal changed then I know for sure the JAZZ deal will mean nothing in my eyes and the park brakes will be set immediately!! DONE!! So as I say :THE MODEL" is not fixed. It's only taped up a bit and this will continue to repeat itself. We will still have two groups in competition with each other rather than ONE solid team. What a rediculous company this is. Actually this entire industry is messed. IMHO.

Guest Frog

Messed? Jazz undercuts mainline and now you say if ACPA manages a better deal to keep that flying that something is wrong!! That's the equivalent of the 5 year old who takes his bat and ball home if he can't get his way.

You're both playing the 'game' here! The "we're so hard done by" routine is getting old.

Guest Frog

Messed? Jazz undercuts mainline and now you say if ACPA manages a better deal to keep that flying that something is wrong!! That's the equivalent of the 5 year old who takes his bat and ball home if he can't get his way.

You're both playing the 'game' here! The "we're so hard done by" routine is getting old.

Kind of like ACPA with the picher award. The pouts took their bat and ball home when they didn't get their way. Now the whole 33000 group of employees stand to lose all their jobs on ACPA's account. Not pretty....

the "hard done by song IS old.It's been going on for far to long. Regional pilots have been hard done by...that is the fact. The tides may be changing. Please someone tell me why mainline should have REGIONAL jets? Why should Jazz get hosed again?

Guest Frog

Everyone is hard done by. The fact is AC managment will decide who flies what where within the scope of what they agree to with the unions.

The fact that Jazz is owned by AC is really irrelavent, as the courts have pointed out. If Jazz gets the RJ flying then tough luck for the mainline boys and vice versa.

The same applies to Tier 3. They'll get what they get.

I just think it is very premature for Jazz to jump to any conclusions about what they will be flying. The next few weeks, if not months will solidify that. Even then I can see AC making changes, in the future, as their 'plan' matures.

Archived